* First Time Hunters who intend on hunting with a firearm in Nova Scotia must:
1. Complete and pass the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (Non-Restricted) and;
2. Complete and pass the Nova Scotia Hunter Education Safety Course and;
3. Possess the appropriate federal Firearms Licence (see below) applicable to carrying a firearm including:
- Possession Only Licence or;
- Possession and Acquisition Licence or;
- Minors Firearm Licence (for individuals under the age of 18).
** Anyone interested in completing the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) must first complete the Canadian Non-Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CFSC)