* First Time Hunters who intend on hunting with a firearm in Nova Scotia must:
1. Complete and pass the Canadian Firearms Safety Course and;
2. Complete and pass the Nova Scotia Hunter Education Safety Course and;
3. Possess the appropriate federal Firearms Licence (see below) applicable to carrying a firearm including:
Additional information on obtaining federal Firearms Licences is available online at: http://www.rcmp.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/index-eng.htm or by calling the Canadian Firearms Center: 902-424-6689 or 1-800-731-4000.
- Possession Only Licence or;
- Possession and Acquisition Licence or;
- Minors Firearm Licence (for individuals under the age of 18).
To register for the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, click here.
To become trained as a Hunter with bow or crossbow, Furharvester or Nuisance Wildlife Operator, register for the corresponding course.
Note: To ensure a seat in the current year’s Furharvester and Bowhunting course, you must register by August 1st. Applications received after that date cannot be guaranteed a course in current year but will be held over until the following year.